How To | Make Your Eyes Appear Bigger OR Smaller


First off I want to apologise for yet another overdue post! I've actually been trying to film a few vlogs for YouTube, unfortunately my camera was messing up and every video I filmed I didn't realise until after all of them said 'file error' and I couldn't even watch them back. Disappointed is understatement! I tried filming a tropical/beach eyeshadow look (which didn't save lol) an introduction video/introducing myself, and I was also going to review a few beauty products. I was so excited and after filming a few videos I realised it's something I really want to start doing along with my blog, I enjoyed it so much so I'm going to try fixing my camera and do them videos again for you guys! I'm so excited. 

Ok let's get to it! 

Everyone's eyes are a different size and shape, unfortunately my eyes are big and round so when I'm not wearing eye makeup I look like I have googly eyes! 
I'm going to give you all some tips on how to make your eyes appear larger or smaller, I always use the technique to make my eyes appear abit smaller as I think it suits me a lot more, it all depends on what suits you and what look you feel more comftorable with on yourself.


How To Make Your Eyes Appear Bigger

First thing you need to do is set a base on your eyelid using a concealer or a primer, then use a highlighter under your brow bone, also apply the highlighter to your tearduct as this really makes your eyes pop! Using dark eye shadows such as browns/dark purple/black ect is definitely a no go for this look, make sure you apply a light eye shadow on top of the base you have set on your eyelid maybe a white one that's really pigmented that would make your eyes really stand out. Next you will need any nutural eyeshadow you have, and place right into the crease to create dimension on your eyes, make sure to always use a blending brush so it's all blended out. You can also drag this colour up above the crease to create a shadow. Next get another nutural colour that you love and blend it into the crease again, but don't drag it up drag it on the outer part of your eye preparing for that wing shadow effect. So at the moment your eye should be looking a little bit like this, not exactly the same ofcorse as you may be using different colours but here is a little idea of what I mean - 


As you can see the eyeshadow isn't to heavy, it's nutural in the crease and has been dragged outwards and upwards and is white on the eyelid. Next is time for winged eyeliner, so with this you need to make sure the line is thin, if you create thick eyeliner it's only going to make your eyes appear small. With creating a thin line then you need to drag the eyeliner out and finish it off with a wing. If you have any white eyeliner laying around in your makeup bag, apply this to your waterline, this is actually one of the main steps, as it increases your eye size dramatically! 


Last of all is to apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes, having mascara on the bottom lashes really brings your eyes out, you could also apply some falsies to your look aswell, a long pair of false eyelashes, such as wispies or anything similar really accentuates this look. 


How To Make Your Eyes Appear Smaller

Same as last time make sure to always apply a base to your eyelid if using eyeshadow, then apply a dark brown to your crease, you can use any colours you want if your going for a certain look or using any types of colours that suit your skin tone, I usually use Browns as that's what I feel comftorable with! 
I don't apply much eyeshadow with this look as the main part for me is the eyeliner, with the thick wing! 
Depending on what suits your eye, do some winged eyeliner and drag the wing upwards as it brings your eyes out a lot!


Then using a black eye pencil fill in your waterline and create a line on your lower lash line, you can smudge this line out using your finger or a brush as it gives you a much more flattering/smokey look rather than having a thick uneven line under your eyes. You can also top this off with a nice brown shade with glitter in or any eyeshadow of your choice, whatever suits the colours you have already used.


Last of all another simple and easy step is to apply mascara, and if you want some false lashes to!

5 comments

  1. Hello from Spain: fabulous tips. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips.
    Xx
    S.
    www.manthroughclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely tips

    http://jfashiondiarie.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great tips!!! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete